The Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) recently invited HumRRO’s Dan Putka and David Dorsey to share their insights regarding the maturation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies in HR. Dan and David authored a feature article for SIOP.org as part of SIOP’s Smarter Workplace Awareness Month initiative that illustrates how I-O psychologists are uniquely positioned to help organizations evaluate and build more robust AI/ML applications for HR.
Dan and David pose and answer five thought provoking questions that help illustrate the value I-O psychologists bring to AI/ML technology.
- How does the AI/ML technology ensure the quality of the data it ingests to inform predictions or forecasts?
- What evidence can the AI/ML technology developer provide for the quality of the output it produces?
- What evidence can the application developers provide that it will have a demonstrable positive impact on the organization?
- What potential is there for the implementation of the technology to have undesirable consequences?
- Why does the technology work?
Read the article to see their answers!